Can I Send My Child To Study In Europe? How To Check His Progress?
Friends, over the past couple of months, we have released a series of articles and streams on the topic of moving children to Europe on their own and have received a lot of feedback and questions from you.

Friends, over the past couple of months, we have released a series of articles and streams on the topic of moving children to Europe on their own and have received a lot of feedback and questions from you.


One of the biggest fears of parents is still the age of the child (isn't it too early to let him go alone in adolescence?) and whether the parents themselves are taking the right steps to ensure that their child is successful in Europe. By "success" we mean good performance at the university, successful graduation, and the opportunity to stay in the country to find a good job later.

Let's discuss these concerns.

The most problematic option is when parents send a teenager 14-15 years old unaccompanied, and even want him to study on a budget. There are few countries that, in principle, allow teenagers to come on their own: these are Finland, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, France, and Spain, but only Finland offers a free curriculum with a competition of about four people per place.


The second problem with teenagers is the requirement to have a guardian in the country. That is, if by some miracle you found a free or inexpensive study program, then the budget still needs to include the costs not only for study and accommodation but also for paying the guardian.


And, of course, the dangers of adolescence itself cannot be discarded: if a teenager studied well under your supervision, then far from his parents, he can abandon his studies, and generally go “into a gap”.

The situation changes radically when the child finishes school.


the child usually reaches the age of 17-18 by this time, so the question of a guardian and escort automatically disappears: starting from the age of 16, the child can independently fly from country to country, submit documents, reside and even draw up powers of attorney. That is, the relocation of a school graduate is much cheaper for parents: the child immediately enters the budget, lives in a hostel, and no guardian needs to pay.


the child's certificate is an excellent demonstration of his inclination to study - whether he is diligent, whether he succeeds in all subjects or is only strong in some of them, whether he is an excellent student or a three-year student. 


Relying on his grades and talking with the child a couple of times, you can more realistically choose a program for him - so that the child is also interested in the specialty, and so that the load is adequate to his learning abilities.


visit us: Stars Academy Multan Campus


By the way, the worst thing that parents can do at this age is to decide that their child is underestimated and start pushing him into a difficult specialty, despite the average grades on the certificate. This always leads to problems: even if you shove a child into a paid department, he still most likely will not finish his studies and receive a diploma, because the burden for him will be too great.


Another plus of moving as a school graduate is that he has a certificate. That is, a situation will not happen to him when he does not take root in the country and remains a person who has not even finished school. It is always a tragedy for the family.


And you don’t have to worry so much about a graduate: even if he fails to study on a budget, he can always go to a paid department, if he fails to send him a paid one, he will be transferred to a technical school, etc. That is, the graduate of the school has more opportunities to study in Europe and European countries allowing the student to stay even in the event of a transfer from one educational institution to another.

Now we will answer the question from the title: how can you monitor a child’s progress remotely?

The easiest way is to have financial leverage. Even if the child travels to those countries that oblige him to have a large amount of money in his account, you can always freeze part of this amount and give him money every month. That is, I reported on the assessments - I received the amount for the month.


The second way is to always be in touch with the child. This means a video link through which the child will be able to show textbooks with notes and a record book, and tell what he learned today and what topic the lecture was at the university.


The third way - is you can contact us so that we go to the university and make inquiries about your student's progress. But this method should be resorted to only in extreme cases.


In any case, it is necessary to control progress, because it is not uncommon for a child to verbally convince his parents that everything is fine, but in reality, it turns out that he did not even pass a couple of exams. The danger is that in some European countries there is no system of deductions from the university, so a student can move to the next course, but practically not study.


Now about how a child can stay in Europe after graduation. If we are talking about higher education, then during the study the student has the right to work, and in the end, he gets a year to look for a job.

When we talk about school education, the school visa does not give the right to work and it cannot be extended for work. That is, at the end of schooling, a graduate must either enter a university or leave the country.


In addition, you need to consider that when your child enters after graduating from a local school, he competes with local applicants for admission to a university, and does not use quotas for foreigners.